My husband Brennan calls them "meat cupcakes". I found this recipe recently in Shape Magazine. Christmas Abbott is the author of "The Badass Body Diet" and although I wasn't familiar with her (she's a Crossfit celebrity and although I think Crossfit is a great workout, it wasn't for me!) I may look into her cookbook given how much I LOVE this recipe!
These things are great. They are:
- a great snack
- a quickie breakfast on-the-run (eat them cold!)
- a good addition to a lunch salad (seen above although I usually cut them up into bite-sized pieces and toss them into the salad)
- nice addition to a morning egg scramble
- if you need a quickie dinner, heat them up and serve them with salad, veggie and mashed potato and it's like a meatloaf dinner!
What I love is that they are low-fat (ground turkey!), you can do any kind of variation with added seasoning, you can add any kind of veggie, they are super easy to make and REALLY they are so convenient!
Here's the recipe (remember that I usually stick to grass/veggie-fed and organic ingredients):
- 1 pound ground turkey
- couple of handfuls of chopped broccoli
- 1/4-1/2 diced yellow onion (I bet green onion would be good too!)
- chopped pitted kalamata olives (this is so key - they add a yummy salty taste)
- any combo of seasoning - I added fleur de sel - I bet herbs de provence would be a good addition
Mix everything together and divide into a cupcake tin - the first time I greased the tin, but realized I didn't have to do that. Bake in a 350 degree oven and viola! Yummy!
SHARE YOUR FAVORITE VARIATION IN THE COMMENTS SECTION!